“As set out in our five-year business plan, 2017 was a year of transition and international expansion.”Alexander HODAC,
CEO IMMOBEL BELGIUM
- Prime rental rates increase to 315 EUR/m²/year for the best Brussels offices.
- Take-up of flexible offices in 2017 is estimated at 20,250 m² in Brussels.
- New space in larger regional cities are experiencing strong corporate activity.
- Preliminary apartment prices through Q3 2017 in Belgium increased 2.6 % y-o-y to 227,100 EUR.
- Residential construction is among record highs, adding more than 50,000 new units last year.
- In Wallonia, Namur and Charleroi saw marginal increases in residential prices.
- The sale of building plots has been falling over the long term.
- Average building lot prices have roughly doubled in the last decade and are at 119 EUR/m² in Belgium (2014).
- Land scarcity and planning departments have been encouraging brownfield and in-town development.